Saturday, February 12, 2011

Small talk and images: Prada S/S 2011

Love is an understatement about how I feel for this collection. 
I want to have sleek hair with finger waves, and silver eyeshadow with bee-stung lips. I want to wear clothing that looks edible! I feel like dressing up as if I am in a Spanish Tim Burton film, set in the late thirties. I have never wanted to accessorise as much as I do right now-which is important. We have all been obsessed with 'vintage' accessories for too long now. And I don't think this is a bad thing, but i do think it might suggest something about current designers not doing enough to grab our attention and say BUY ME!! Instead, due to the vintage trend, it felt like all they wanted to do was replicate vintage clothing and accessories. I suppose we all need to make money, and that was a sure bet?
Miuccia Prada has managed to use her always unique visions to inspire me to go out looking for the new wave I feel and hope we are fast approaching. 




No comments:

Post a Comment